The Refill ink method and demonstration is for User to understand and DIY (Do-It-Yourself). The respective Original OEM Brands did not support, approved nor endorsed it. User is doing at his or her own risk and fully responsiblity (take ownership) for whatsoever decision and/or action taken. Nippon-ink supply the Ink Solution with accessories is bound by limited liability due to certain constraint, limitation and/or restriction beyond Nippon-ink control and boundary. All other Rights reserved.
How to Refill Canon Cartridge
- Ensure the cartridge print head is in working condition before refill. DO NOT keep the cartridge for few weeks or months to refill.
- Identify the cartridge number either Black or Color and its holes location for refill.
- Remove rubber stopper and insert needle before pressing the syring downward.
- Syringe is vacuum packed by factory to prevent minimum spillage by air generated.
- Using the screw to enlarge the hole enough for the needle to insert. (Some cartridge do not need to drill hole, it depends on cartridge model).
- In doubt and for confirmation, insert the needle into the hole and check the residue ink color, to ensure correct color been injected into the chamber.
- Press the tube inward very SLOWLY and downward tills it about 10 ml (Half) for Black and 6 to 7 ml (1/3 of Tube) for Color (Cyan, Magenta & Yellow).
- Stop refill if the ink begins to well up from the fill hole.
- Balance ink can keep for next refill by capping it with rubber stopper.
- Paste the sticker over the Refill hole and track line or leave it as it is (might leak if overturn) and ready to use. Do not seal and block the track lines that use as bleeding. The ink will not flow out from the nozzle when the track lines are blocked.
- Below are some pictures of the Canon cartridges:
Canon # BC01/02 Canon # BC03/BX03
Canon # BC05 Canon # BC20/23
Canon # PG40/50/830 Canon # CL41/51/831 Canon # CLI-8/BCI-03/BCI-06
User must refill when the ink level is below 1/3 as shown on the indicator. Do not use till the indicator shown “Empty”. Such situation might cause the software lock out the cartridge application and force User to purchase new cartridge. Thus refilling the cartridge might be blocked and become unusable.
Ensure the print head is not dried or clog before refilling it.