User's False Alarm
User’s Error and/or Negligence result in False Alarm
Nippon-ink receive complaints that cartridge has problem. Upon Nippon-ink’s Check and verification (on site), Nippon-ink discovered the following feedback by our Technician:
1. Print Head Clog, Block and Dirt Harden – Dirt accumulated from Paper Media mix with ink to form stain once dried and harden – unable to produce quality print.
2. Purchase wrong Cartridge Model – Customer’s error and negligence e.g. customer need BC 03 (with print head in front) but took Nippon-ink’s BCI 03 (Cartridge only and require Housing) which is different (Differentiate by “I”). Nippon-ink does not have any BC series due to patented print head. Nippon-ink can only supply Refill ink kit set to recycle the cartridge.
3. Printer Mechanism and Software Faulty – Nippon-ink only responsible for our cartridge and nothing related to printer mechanism, software and/or operation. Example, the printer driver file corrupted or User did not downloaded the correct version like Window is using Vista while the printer driver is XP version result in intermittent.
4. Cartridge been used and found Empty – Empty cartridge is not a faulty cartridge and shall not be replaced nor for exchange.
5. Did not do Print Head Cleaning and Nozzle Check process (Either does not know, ignorant, and/or refuse to do) – After cleaning it works. First time User needs to clean and purge old residue ink due to different ink formula that might cause static charge. Once clean all the ink is align and charge accordingly. Prefer to us new cartridge for cleaning because low ink level does not have enough pressure to purge the dirt from the print head. If after 2 or 3 times cleaning process still unsuccessful, let it soak overnight before repeat the cleaning process.
6.Cartridge did not belong to Nippon-ink – Nippon-ink cartridge has label on each individual cartridge while others compatibles have generic label (without their brand name specified on the cartridge) except on the box (externally) only.
7. Cartridge not properly installed and/or Push in – Suspect the spring contact holder loosen due to wear and tear situation. It can be cartridge did not clip on properly that cause the sensor chip unable to detect or install wrong color cartridge on to the holder or the cartridge seal did not poke and insert into the holder fully and totally. Remedy Action - Use your finger to push in before lock up by the spring contact holder and/or clean the chip set with tissue. Another incident might be chip set dirty or poor contacts that need to clean before reinstall.
8. Refill Cartridge without Programmer to Reset – Chip set needs to reset or replace before reuse, like Epson cartridge model. Without such Programmer even fully refilled the cartridge the chip set still show zero or no ink status and the printer unable to operate.
9. Waste Discharge Error and/or Full – Need to clear and reset the waste discharge before printer can reuse, like Canon i320 series. Please check with respective Original Printer Service Center on it resetting procedure and it printer program that has nothing related to the cartridge. Example the method of removal as shown on URL at http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/inkjet/16073#431 for your reference and self-explanatory
10. Machine LCD state “End of Life” – The machine was lock off by the printer program set by the printer manufacturer from the date the machine been produced and manufactured. Base on a certain number of years and/or base on number of copies been printed it will cut off and become inoperative until the respective Printer Service Center reset it.
11. Either User’s overfill the Cartridge or Cartridge is faulty that causes leakage and/or it mix with other Color – Refill the correct amount and use cleaning process to purge out excess ink till it back to normal. After refilling if the ink leak from the nozzle directly like droplet continuously it confirm the internally nozzle seal is faulty that need to replace by new original cartridge before recycling and reuse the cartridge.
12. User did not follow LCD Display Installation Instruction Procedure – Cartridge cannot be detected although it new and full with ink, some does not have any chip set on it. Example Brother’s cartridge model LC 37, 38, 47, 57 and 67 series. In such incident, need to reset the program by removing all cartridges and off the printer from the power cord for at least 5 minutes. The purpose is to remove the old memory and follow the instruction stated on the LCD screen accordingly. Do not jump and/or skip the process. Any wrong sequence will cause the program malfunction and unable to recognize the command results in printer unable to function.
13. User did not remove the Yellow Label or Leftover transparent Yellow sticker on Bleeding Hole – Causes no ink flow to print head, need to use sharp pointer or tooth pick to poke a hole or cut the slot open before reinstall into the printer.
14. Printer Manufacturer changes the Driver Software and/or Chip set program – Result in incompatible, dysfunctional, inoperative and/or system failure. Please contact Nippon-ink at Tel: 6382-1229 for advice and confirmation. Nippon-ink staff needs to check, verify and confirm before we can comment and advice User on it causes.
15. Cable and Accessories Problem – User should use USB cable instead of Parallel Port cable. It might due to the speed and memory data storage transfer issue that cause it to slow down or data unable to transfer over for printing process due to conflict as both cables are connected at the same time. Another possibility might be cable and/or USB Port faulty – Remedy Action – Change the cable and/or port for confirmation.
16. User did not do Periodic Maintenance – Need to use software cleaning and physical cleaning on the Print Head, like Canon model the Print Head is removal. Do not let the Print Head dried up by replacing cartridge immediately once indicated no ink. Do not remove cartridge from holder and expose for a long period of time result in dried print head that cause clog and blockage. Example, For low frequency user at least once a month to clean and purge the print head. For heavy frequency user need to clean and purge the dirt after your last print copy.
17. User’s Limited Product Knowledge and Awareness on it Application and Functionality – Nippon-ink has to educate, teach and guide them therefore most of the FAQ are stated on the web for ease of the User to read, understand and trouble-shoot accordingly at their own convenient time. The purpose is to prevent conflict and misunderstanding.
18. User install wrong color cartridge into the wrong color chamber – Example, install Magenta Color cartridge into Yellow Color Chamber that causes the chip set invalid, malfunction and/or cannot be detected and used. It might causes ink mixture (wrong Color). Remedy Action – Do cleaning process to purge the wrong excess ink out from the print head till it normal.
19. Nozzle cover been removed, tampered and/or broken before installation – Do not remove anything, just plug and play format. Upon installation it will poke through the nozzle by itself. Similar to the original method of installation except the cartridge design might be different. Any removal been done can cause damages to the cartridge, Chip set and your printer due to ink leakage problem.
20. Chip Set Sensor Faulty – It either the Cartridge Chip Set (Sender Sensor) or Printer Chip Set (Receiver Sensor) is faulty. If after new cartridge replacement still unable to operate and can be reconfirm by using the old original cartridge to test. If both tested negative, chance for the Holder Printer Chip set faulty is very high.
21. Cartridge Chip Set Poor Contact or Tarnished – Use tissue or rubber to rub hard on the chip set before reinstall. Ensure the copper pads are shiny and not dull in color.
22. Chip Set recycle from Old Empty Cartridge – Cartridge is new but chip set is old that need to reset by programmer and/or need to replace by new chip set.
For more detail information please refer to other Nippon-ink’s FAQ.
Support – Purchase – Use - Nippon-ink Cartridge
Disclaimer Clause: All brand name, logo, trademark, part number, picture, patent, design, copyright and technology belong to the respective owners. It uses for description, illustration, comparison and explanation purpose only. Nippon-ink cartridge is not genuine original cartridge. All remanufacture cartridges are collected, recycle, reassemble and recondition before retest from the open market. Nippon-ink does not belong, supported, associated, related nor endorsed by any other OEM brands, like Brother, Canon, Dell, Epson, HP, Lexmark, Samsung etc. All other rights reserved.